Industry in the world is developing at a dizzying pace, followed by the introduction of a series of industrial machines and equipment to make operation easier. In order for machines to operate smoothly and have a long service life, people use industrial lubricants. So what is lubricating grease? Why should we use lubricating grease? Let’s find out.
Lubricants grease containing olive oil and lime have been used by the Egyptians since 1400 BC to lubricate the cargo axles. Then, along with the development of the industrial age, was the development of modern fats from Na, Ca, Al, Li and Li complex soaps. Al, Ba and Li complex soap greases were first synthesized and patented in 1952. Since then a series of patents have been created that reflect the diversity of thickeners, oils and additives. used to produce fats.
Lubricants grease are solid or semi-liquid products consisting of a thickener dispersed in the lubricating fluid. They must perform the following functions:
- Thanks to the very slow separation of oil, the grease must ensure the quality of liquid lubricant sufficient to reduce friction, wear on bearings for extended periods and with a wide range of working temperatures.
- When lubricating bearings, they must have sufficient mechanical strength to act as a barie to prevent water and abrasive compounds.
- When using a medium-stressed bearing lubrication, the consistency of the grease must be almost constant.
- Can resist corrosion.
- Has appropriate adhesive properties
- Able to remove a small amount of dirt without adversely affecting the effects of grease..
- In contrast to their Newtonian fluids their viscosity depends on their slip speed, slip time and processing time; The viscosity of the grease is less temperature dependent than the base oil.
Greases are used in the temperature range from -70 to 350 degrees Celsius to lubricate detailed parts such as bearings, anti-friction bearings, gears, ship rails, couplings and also work. as a sealant. Due to its low volatile properties, greases are used to solve lubrication problems for industries, even in the absence of lubricants for economic or technical reasons.
Thus, using industrial lubricants helps to make machinery running more smoothly, machines are more durable and cost-effective.
Above are some reasons to use industrial lubricants, wish you find the right grease for your machine.